New Renato Design

Fashion watch brands go here.

New Renato Design

Postby mrneddles » July 25th 2012 6:13am

Interesting new direction. My only fear, if this thing is much wider than 40mm in the 9-3 direction, it is going to be a huge, essentially unwearable watch.
mrneddles

Re: New Renato Design

Postby conjurer » July 25th 2012 9:24am

Jesus Christ! That's the worst fucking thing I've ever seen in my life!
conjurer
Administrator

Postby aztecknight » July 25th 2012 9:57am

I don't hate it.
aztecknight

Postby Ocean » July 25th 2012 12:10pm

Edges look sharp leading to pain. Swiss movement with a Chinese case..Meh.
Ocean
Founder

Postby bigedsurf » July 25th 2012 1:41pm

What say you, Mort????
bigedsurf

Postby mrneddles » July 25th 2012 6:17pm

It was bugging me all day, "Where have I seen that case before???". Then I found it, Longio Watches, an expensive Chinese brand that features many tourbillon models.
mrneddles

Postby conjurer » July 25th 2012 11:02pm

mrneddles wrote:It was bugging me all day, "Where have I seen that case before???". Then I found it, Longio Watches, an expensive Chinese brand that features many tourbillon models.

Now that one I like.
conjurer
Administrator

Postby Mortuus » July 26th 2012 11:29am

conjurer wrote:Jesus Christ! That's the worst fucking thing I've ever seen in my life!
Aw, C'mon, Conj; how is this worse than what the Dukey King had to deal with...? :affraid:
"In the End, we will be remembered not for the words of our enemies, but for the silence of our friends." - Dr. Martin Luther King
Mortuus
Founder

Postby Mortuus » July 26th 2012 6:43pm

bigedsurf wrote:What say you, Mort????

Before Neds made his disclosure above, I have to admit that these designs left me cold; borrowing from Ocean, there are just too many sharp angles and potential for injury. On the plus side, though, there's no "Swiss Mov't" and "Hand Made" claims anywhere on the dial... :roll:

That said, the fact - and it does appear to be a fact - that they ripped off another maker's design is very troubling. Did they not think that this would be discovered by the WIS community? (BTW, excellent catch there, Neds... 8) ) If this is the 'new' Renato, then it's nothing but another case of MZB messing with an otherwise successful brand and, ultimately, bringing it to an inevitable, ignoble end. And that sux like an Electrolux...

In the end, if these designs are examples of an MZB-influenced Renato, then it looks like nothing but NOS - and even a few used - Renatos for Mort from here on out.

In truth, Ed, this is a rather sad day for me as a genuine fan of the brand, and I'm genuinely nonplussed by this latest news...and I don't know what more I can add to that... :pale: :no: :suspect: :confused: :oops:
"In the End, we will be remembered not for the words of our enemies, but for the silence of our friends." - Dr. Martin Luther King
Mortuus
Founder

Postby Ocean » July 26th 2012 7:37pm

Mortuus wrote:

. On the plus side, though, there's no "Swiss Mov't" and "Hand Made" claims anywhere on the dial... :roll:

Wrong look at the 5 and 7.
Ocean
Founder

Postby Mortuus » July 27th 2012 12:09am

So what you're really saying is, [color=red]"Hey, Mort, don't forget your bloodydamned reading glasses when you post." Oh well, chuff me...[/color] :oops:

Ocean wrote:
Mortuus wrote:

. On the plus side, though, there's no "Swiss Mov't" and "Hand Made" claims anywhere on the dial... :roll:

Wrong look at the 5 and 7.
Mortuus
Founder

Postby bigedsurf » July 28th 2012 12:19pm

Yep...........I agree Mort. It does look like an ignoble end to an otherwise decent brand.
bigedsurf

Postby temerityb » July 29th 2012 7:13pm

bigedsurf wrote:Yep...........I agree Mort. It does look like an ignoble end to an otherwise decent brand.

Have to agree. I personally think that there's no way in heck that Berger, the distributor, could ever aspire to anything but what they do - mid-range or low end watches in mid-range or low end department stores. And given the way Renato has fared even among its supporters of late, it's dead brand walking.
temerityb

Postby Mortuus » July 29th 2012 7:36pm

temerityb wrote:And given the way Renato has fared even among its supporters of late, it's dead brand walking.

Well said, tb, well said. Wish it weren't so, but you can only put so much lipstick on a pig before you are finally forced to admit what is [and has been] obvious to everyone else.
Mortuus
Founder

Postby Hater » August 2nd 2012 5:19am

Mortuus wrote:it's nothing but another case of MZB messing with an otherwise successful brand

I know of about three people who ever though renato was a successful brand.

Mink, MZB and family homaging a chinese watch <------------- now that is hilarious.
Hater
Founder

Postby Mortuus » August 2nd 2012 4:07pm

Hater wrote:I know of about three people who ever though renato was a successful brand.
...and now you know four of us...telle est la mort, mon cher ami, telle est la mort... :face:
Mortuus
Founder

Postby eddiea » September 30th 2012 4:18pm

conjurer wrote:Jesus Christ! That's the worst fucking thing I've ever seen in my life!
I'm going to have to agree........too thick also, shame they have potential and keep missing the mark.
“Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me, as is ever so on the road.” Jack Kerouac
eddiea
Founding Member & Administrator

Postby Mortuus » October 1st 2012 10:20pm

Even worse than all those dukeys you have known...? :confused:
Mortuus
Founder

Postby conjurer » October 2nd 2012 7:42am

Mortuus wrote:
Even worse than all those dukeys you have known...? :confused:

OK, Mort, you got me there. It's the worst fucking thing that I've ever seen in my life that wasn't brown and encrusted around a toilet bowl or spattered on the tilework of a men's room stall.
conjurer
Administrator

Return to Fashion Brands