Military watches

Military watches

Postby akroma » December 28th 2015 4:32pm

Hello :) I'm new here..but I just noticed that this sub-section doesn't even have 1 post yet! So here's my article on the military watches..that Ive made a table of..http://topbestwatchbrands.net/best-mili ... s-for-men/

Just wondering what you guys think of those recommendations for military-styled watches / tactical watches.

Any feedback would be great. :) It would help me improve the article.

Thank you guys!
Last edited by akroma on April 9th 2017 11:25am, edited 3 times in total.
akroma

Re: Military watches

Postby svaglic » December 28th 2015 6:37pm

Nice article, G Shocks are popular with the Army. I didn't care for them, 3 out of 4 broke on me, so I stopped buying them. I was a firefighter in the Army, so maybe I was just harder on them.
I preferred Reactor, nicely priced and tough as nails. A cheap way to have a tube watch.
I had a couple of Invicta divers that were not even water resistant to rain, so I could never recommend them to someone in the military.
I also used a Deep Blue original 1000m watch and it did extremely well for me. I am not sure if I would trust the new Deep Blues, the new ones just don't seem as good as when they first came out.
I went with Reactor and Deep Blue because they were solid, tough and cheap. Those are the ones I found I could count on.
Several friends had Lume Tec and swore by them. I can't recall a Lume Tec needing replaced.
I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against. Malcolm X
svaglic

Postby akroma » December 29th 2015 3:14am

Thanks svaglic, G-Shocks are known to be tough but I guess the work you were on was probably very harsh on those watches. And Reactor is another great name..might add them on this list also..at the moment I have them on my dive watch list.

I'll also check out Lum-Tec / Deep Blue. Thanks again for those recommendations!
akroma

Postby Ocean » December 29th 2015 8:24am

Welcome I couldn't recommend Invicta for anything now 10 or 15 years ago I could have. Working in my field it has to be cheap and tough or just cheap. I have destroyed 6 Gs before I gave up on them, won't buy one again under any circumstances. Depending on what you do is where you need to look. Several friends have lum-tec and luminox might want to check them out.
Ocean
Founder

Postby akroma » December 29th 2015 1:12pm

Thanks Ocean, Wow, that's insane haha.. 6 shocks destroyed.. the job must be very tough on them. About the Invicta's yes, it's possible that it is model related.. the "Force Collection" seems good though. Thanks for those recommendations, Lum-Tec / Luminox looks like very good options for this category as well.
akroma

Return to Military Style watches