Take a Penny, Leave a Penny

Re: Take a Penny, Leave a Penny

Postby Mortuus » July 1st 2016 10:02pm

Artman wrote:So.... how do you play this game?

Here's a quote of the post with the rules, Arty (and it's so simple, even a dead guy can do it!):
DocMcNeedles wrote:...one man's trash is another's treasure, or watch giveaway chain mail.

I have come up with a new give-away game we all can participate in. We all have the watch drawer full of "misfit" watches, either not our style, broken, or no longer worn and not worth selling. Here is a way to move them on to happier homes:

-One person will list the watch as a give-away. This watch can be broken, need battery, whatever. Any condition is fine!

-If anyone wants it, they must step forward and make a post saying they will take it by replying to the thread. First come, first serve!

-At that point I will lock the thread until the watch is delivered to its new home. Once I receive notice that the watch has arrived, I will unlock the thread, the new owner now MUST list a watch from their boxes to be given away. Then repeat the above process.

The Rules:
Post a pic and adequately describe the watch.
Mail it to the new owner via a traceable method.
No catch and release, if the watch is not to your liking, you must keep it and try to give it away at another round.
I may change the rules as needed for logistics.
I think that is it. Have fun.
Mortuus
Founder

Postby kahuna74 » February 18th 2017 10:14am

Are we still doing this guys? And who was the last one with a wacth up?
kahuna74

Postby Artman » February 18th 2017 10:50am

I'm still fuzzy on how this works.
Artman

Postby svaglic » February 18th 2017 11:58am

Artman wrote:I'm still fuzzy on how this works.

A watch is offered up, first person that wants it posts they want it. The thread will be closed until the person gets the watch and has a watch of theirs they are ready to offer up. The thread opens with a new offering, from the person who got the last one, and the first person who wants it will post they want it and it starts all over.

It can be a parts watch or one you don't wear anymore, the idea is that what one person may not like, another may love it or have the means to fix a broken watch.
I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against. Malcolm X
svaglic

Postby kahuna74 » February 18th 2017 5:50pm

svaglic wrote:
Artman wrote:I'm still fuzzy on how this works.

A watch is offered up, first person that wants it posts they want it. The thread will be closed until the person gets the watch and has a watch of theirs they are ready to offer up. The thread opens with a new offering, from the person who got the last one, and the first person who wants it will post they want it and it starts all over.

It can be a parts watch or one you don't wear anymore, the idea is that what one person may not like, another may love it or have the means to fix a broken watch.

Well said this has been a part of this forum for many years.
kahuna74

Previous

Return to Trade Forum