WURW Friday, February 2, 2018

WURW Friday, February 2, 2018

Postby Artman » February 1st 2018 9:45pm

Swatch Sistem51 to take me into the weekend. Happy Friday All!!
Artman

Re: WURW Friday, February 2, 2018

Postby Mortuus » February 2nd 2018 12:29am

Dang, but that's a sharp looking wartch, Arty...and you know what pisses me off about this? The "brain trust" @WL stuck their pointy little noses WAY up in the air, and refused to even discuss the Sistem51, despite the fact that some of the prototypes looked pretty danged good... Ah well, live and learn...

Arty: please consider doing a review, or at least a look-what-I-got write-up on this watch, if'n you get the chance; I'd love to see how the snob class @WL treats it...
Mortuus
Founder

Postby Mortuus » February 2nd 2018 12:53am

Going with one of the most beautiful watches in my collection, the classic-looking Mido Commander automatic three-hand + day-date watch. Although very light and thin-cased, its automatic movement operates flawlessly, falling short only a few seconds per week. The rich, comfortable mesh attaches seamlessly to the case, and the signed jewel-type clasp is pure class, typically seen on only the finest and most expensive bracelets. So classic are its components and lines that I mistook it for a vintage piece in unusually excellent condition when I first came across it in a charity auction several years ago, at the Army-Navy Club in Washington, DC. I got into a bit of a bidding war with an older gentleman and probably paid too much for it, but I've never regretted it for even one second...

Have an awesome Friday!
Mortuus
Founder

Postby Artman » February 2nd 2018 1:54am

Mortuus wrote:Dang, but that's a sharp looking wartch, Arty...and you know what pisses me off about this? The "brain trust" @WL stuck their pointy little noses WAY up in the air, and refused to even discuss the Sistem51, despite the fact that some of the prototypes looked pretty danged good... Ah well, live and learn...

Arty: please consider doing a review, or at least a look-what-I-got write-up on this watch, if'n you get the chance; I'd love to see how the snob class @WL treats it...

I actually did a review of this watch on WL a couple weeks ago. Check it out: http://www.watchlords.com/forum/viewtop ... =4&t=40747
Artman

Postby Artman » February 2nd 2018 1:57am

Oh man that Mido is sharp! Very classy indeed Mort.
Artman

Return to Watch You are Wearing