Watch You're Wearing TUESDAY, 06 March 2018

Watch You're Wearing TUESDAY, 06 March 2018

Postby Mortuus Fakeuus » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:20 pm

Today would have been my father's 88th birthday. Like so many sons, I worshipped my dad, who was an enlisted Marine in the Korean War, then earned a USN commission and his Navy Wings of Gold, and flew the old A-1 SPAD, the last piston-engine attack aircraft. He worked as a Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office Investigator, and later, after attending law school at night after work, he passed the California State Bar exam and became a Deputy District Attorney. He brought home this automatic OMEGA Seamaster for himself right about the same time he bought me my first adult watch, a quartz Omega, as my high school graduation present in 1976. He passed away in 2002, and not a day has gone by that I haven't thought of him and missed him terribly. Today, I wear his watch to celebrate not only his birthday, but the rich life he lived...

SEMPER FI, Marine!

Mortuus Fakeuus

Re: Watch You're Wearing TUESDAY, 06 March 2018

Postby Artman » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:34 pm

Nice tribute to your pops Mort! That Omega is priceless I'd say.
Artman

Postby Artman » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:35 pm

Artman

Postby NorthCountry » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:43 am

Great post Mort. I miss my Dad terribly.

For today.

NorthCountry

Postby Mortuus Fakeuus » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:49 pm

I love that CITIZEN pilot wartch, Arty; I need to git me one 'o them for my right seat rides, so I look O-ficial!

I also like your Seiko, NC; I have two of them, one that I converted to a 55 Fathoms homage (homadgy, if you happen to talk like Bugs Bunny) to the 50 Fathoms wartch by Blancpain. I also have a 55 Fm in blue, but I keep my other black one in its Seiko 5 iteration because I like it so much... ANYhow, I like that watch, NC...
Mortuus Fakeuus

Return to Watch You are Wearing