WURW Monday, March 12, 2018

WURW Monday, March 12, 2018

Postby Artman » March 11th 2018 9:00pm

FASHION WATCH WEEK Episode 4

Today is the Timex Easy Reader 40th Anniversary Edition.
Artman

Re: WURW Monday, March 12, 2018

Postby Artman » March 11th 2018 10:32pm

Well, after looking at that last post, I'm inclined to think that Timex is actually NOT a fashion watch after all. Just because it's at the affordable spectrum, doesn't necessarily mean it should fall in the fashion watch category. So after a quick switch-a-roo I present to you another watch manufactured by the Fossil Group, the Emporio Armani...
Truth be told, this is my wife's watch and I was conveniently changing it's battery.
But it actually looks alright on me!
Artman

Postby Mortuus » March 12th 2018 12:54am

Wow, I like Timex a ton, and that '40' in the lighted area is a pretty cool way to celebrate the watch's 40th anniversary, and its something only TIMEX would ever consider doing (well, maybe Hamilton might do that; they're pretty adventurous). Emporio-Armani is one of those Rodney Dangerfield brands, and that's rather sad, because Mrs. Mort bought me one some time back, a beautiful all rose-gold dress watch with chronograph, and its looks are stunning, to say the least. I just wish they'd do more with automatic movements. A watchmaker who makes only quartz pieces isn't one that's going to break out of the "cheap watches" category, and that's where E-A seems stuck. Oil well, I hope they take that next step sometime soon, as I like the brand.
Mortuus
Founder

Postby Artman » March 12th 2018 1:51am

Thanks Mort. EA does make a few nice automatic watches and some actually use Swiss movements. I've been tempted a few times but the price wasn't right. https://www.amazon.com/Emporio-Armani-S ... atic+watch
Artman

Postby Mortuus » March 12th 2018 8:15am

Artman wrote:Thanks Mort. EA does make a few nice automatic watches and some actually use Swiss movements. I've been tempted a few times but the price wasn't right. https://www.amazon.com/Emporio-Armani-S ... atic+watch

Wow! Who knew? That is one gorgeous piece of watch flesh! I had no idea they came out with watches like that...but then, I'd had no idea that Ducati made high-end watches until I actually saw one. Still, and this is the sad thing for a company like E-R, when they offer a watch like that (and at a cost like that); most folks will only spend that kind of money for a Hammy or a Chris Ward, or a higher-end Seiko, or even a Bulova. Unless, of course, you've got idiot pacerghey's money, and you spend thousands a month on invicters...but the man has said he'd rather have 800 cheap invicter wartches than 100 genuinely high-end timepieces :roll: Ah, well, to each his own...

But I DO like that E-R...as a gay (and there's nothing wrong with that!) Cuban acquaintance of mine would say, "It's jummy!" :lol:
Mortuus
Founder

Postby svaglic » March 12th 2018 8:57am

I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against. Malcolm X
svaglic

Postby Mortuus » March 12th 2018 9:07am

One of my very favorite watches from my vintage collection, this sport / dress SEIKO proved to be quite the challenge for my jeweler and I to get up-and-working again. Still, after a good bit of time, an indeterminate amount of money, and a stubborn (and rather courageous) watchmaker, it emerged as a beautifully restored piece that could be central to any collection of oldies, as it is in mine; in fact, if I were ever forced to pare down my collection to 20, or even ten pieces, this watch would always have a place in it.

Mortuus
Founder

Postby Mortuus » March 12th 2018 9:10am

svaglic wrote:Image

Damn, that Rado's a beauty, Allison! 8)
Last edited by Mortuus on March 12th 2018 9:16am, edited 1 time in total.
Mortuus
Founder

Postby NorthCountry » March 12th 2018 9:15am

NorthCountry

Return to Watch You are Wearing