Whatcha Readin?

A place for everything else, such as automotive, entertainment, humor etc. Just leave out politics and religion.

Whatcha Readin?

Postby JAS1125 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:37 am

Got a new batch on sale at Amazon for my Kindle....

Next up

JAS1125
Administrator

Re: Whatcha Readin?

Postby arubalou » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:29 pm

Terry brooks "first king of shanarra".
arubalou

Postby Mortuus » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:15 pm

I just finished the Tom Ripley books, by Patricia Highsmith (most folks read only the first one, "The Talented Mr. Ripley," but there are four more Ripley sequels after TTMR, and I DARE you to not get hooked on them!
Spoiler:
The ending of the first book, TTMR, is NOTHING like the end of the movie! It's mooch better-O, and it sets up the next four books perfectly! And the endings of each are très surprising!
...I think I've listened to them six or seven times now, and I enjoy them each time! ;)). My next one, starting this coming weekend in Smell-A:

The title's intriguing, don't you think? :D
"In the End, we will be remembered not for the words of our enemies, but for the silence of our friends." - Dr. Martin Luther King
Mortuus
Banned!

Postby biglove » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:46 pm

Millard's "Destiny of the Republic." Absolutely riveting tale of the assassination of James Garfield.

Next up is "The 2020 Commission Report on the North Korean Nuclear Attacks Against the United States: A Speculative Novel."
"I believe in a God who doesn't need heavy financing." Irwin M. Fletcher, Fletch Lives, 1989
biglove

Return to Community Forum