Watch You Wearing? Friday, July 14, 2017

Watch You Wearing? Friday, July 14, 2017

Postby Artman » July 13th 2017 8:49pm

This is the phoofiest watch that own, but I dig the unique shape and interesting colorways. I got this on a trip to Tokyo. The salesman was adamant that the watch was made by Seiko and at the time I was very green to this hobby and I bit - hook, line and sinker. Ya live and learn.
Artman

Re: Watch You Wearing? Friday, July 14, 2017

Postby Mortuus » July 14th 2017 12:24am

"Phoofy" or not, I rather like it, Arty...did the sales dude also try to tell you it was a tourbillon? I might've fallen for that, as I was pretty green, too...and I would've gona home and asked my wife, "Honey, what's a tourbillon?" ;)
"Old age isn't for sissies..." - Bette Davis
Mortuus
Founder

Postby Mortuus » July 14th 2017 12:40am

A very special watch in my collection, this BOMBFROG Minesweeper represents my first foray into a micro-brand, and one that needed the moolah up front before they'd produce the goods. It was neither a Kickstarter nor a Massdrop type of thing, but rather a group of watch lovers and fans of the brand getting together and paying for a watch that they all knew would be an awesome buy. And that's what this one turned out to be.

Horo-Trivia: "Bombfrog" was the nickname given to Australian mine-clearers during WWII, and the BOMBFROG Brand celebrates this tradition, creating well-made, rugged and beautiful watches that not only hold their value, but often increase because those who have one are very reluctant to part with it.

Have an excellent weekend, all!
8)
Mortuus
Founder

Postby Artman » July 14th 2017 1:13am

Oh dayam Mort that Bombfrog is sweet! I dig the strap too. I nominate the 3rd photo with the jacket as your best photo to date. We're talking magazine quality photograph.
Artman

Postby Mortuus » July 14th 2017 4:26am

Artman wrote:Oh dayam Mort that Bombfrog is sweet! I dig the strap too. I nominate the 3rd photo with the jacket as your best photo to date. We're talking magazine quality photograph.

Many thanks, Arty; coming from a graphic artist of your caliber, that is high praise indeed! 8)

I rather like this'n, myself:

:D
Mortuus
Founder

Postby svaglic » July 14th 2017 7:33am

Hey Arty, when I was green I was suckered into thinking that the Shopnbc Nicolet was of the Armand Nicolet line. Couldn't believe my luck to snag one for around $50.00. Found out on Lords that it was a Croton.
When I was green into vintage I nabbed 3 from India, all redials.
Fortunately my mistakes were cheap ones.
I still have all of them, I wear the redials sometimes, haven't worn the Nicolet in a while. It actually isn't a bad looking watch, it's just when I look at it, it screams SUCKER.

We should have a; When I Was Green thread.
I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against. Malcolm X
svaglic

Postby NorthCountry » July 14th 2017 10:46am

Working at camp today.

NorthCountry

Postby Artman » July 14th 2017 7:14pm

A when I was green thread is a great idea Svagy!
Artman

Return to Watch You are Wearing