Welcome to the BDWF Archives

Sub-forum for links or posts with the purpose of saving information from BDWF

Welcome to the BDWF Archives

Postby JAS1125 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:58 am

Until we see what is happening with BDWF, we can use this sub-forum to post links/articles that are still housed at BDWF. Hopefully we can preserve some of the accumulated knowledge for more than 10 years there.

For example:
From the Tech section, a watch movement database

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db. ... ft&0&2uswk

Hopefully some of our dual members can create and save some stuff!
JAS1125
Administrator

Re: Welcome to the BDWF Archives

Postby Ocean » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:38 pm

Believe that was one of my posts but hell I can’t remember viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1089
Ocean
Founding Member

Postby biglove » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:19 pm

Wasn’t it you, Ocean, that designed your own automatic movement? Whatever became of that project?
"I believe in a God who doesn't need heavy financing." Irwin M. Fletcher, Fletch Lives, 1989
biglove

Postby Ocean » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:16 pm

biglove wrote:Wasn’t it you, Ocean, that designed your own automatic movement? Whatever became of that project?

I own multiple patents two different movements and 6 additional modules.

I also designed 6 different case designs.

The cost to start up is astronomical I won’t ask family and friends. I definitely WILL NOT do a kickstarter fuck that shit. Anyone that does is a piece of crap! If I do it it’ll be on my back I don’t want to hurt anyone if I fail. Good chance of that happening but I did the cost analysis break even has to come by the end of year 5 at a cost of a million to million and 1/1 a year loss. So to put out 5 million on a dream might be in the future not at the moment.
Ocean
Founding Member

Postby biglove » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:43 pm

Ocean wrote:
biglove wrote:Wasn’t it you, Ocean, that designed your own automatic movement? Whatever became of that project?

I own multiple patents two different movements and 6 additional modules.

I also designed 6 different case designs.

The cost to start up is astronomical I won’t ask family and friends. I definitely WILL NOT do a kickstarter fuck that shit. Anyone that does is a piece of crap! If I do it it’ll be on my back I don’t want to hurt anyone if I fail. Good chance of that happening but I did the cost analysis break even has to come by the end of year 5 at a cost of a million to million and 1/1 a year loss. So to put out 5 million on a dream might be in the future not at the moment.

What about us piddly investors who might be able to drum up $1-5K to invest, eventually? Not cash heavy by any means at this moment but that day will come for us again in a few years.
"I believe in a God who doesn't need heavy financing." Irwin M. Fletcher, Fletch Lives, 1989
biglove

Postby Mortuus » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:58 pm

JAS1125 wrote:Until we see what is happening with BDWF, we can use this sub-forum to post links/articles that are still housed at BDWF. Hopefully we can preserve some of the accumulated knowledge for more than 10 years there.

For example:
From the Tech section, a watch movement database

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db. ... ft&0&2uswk

Hopefully some of our dual members can create and save some stuff!

Does anyone know of or have a way to contact James Elsener of BDWF? (The PM function doesn't work over there anymore, and I'd really like to extend him a personal invite to join us here...)
"In the End, we will be remembered not for the words of our enemies, but for the silence of our friends." - Dr. Martin Luther King
Mortuus
Banned!

Postby JAS1125 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:55 am

Mort check your PM

We could make a subgroup just for him

"Industry Insider information with James Elsener"
JAS1125
Administrator

Return to BDWF Archive